Saturday, December 14, 2013

Dead Silence by Kimberly Derting

Dead Silence:
Violet thought she’d made peace with her unique ability to sense the echoes of the dead and the imprints that cling to their killers…that is until she acquired an imprint of her own. Forced to carry a reminder of the horrible events of her kidnapping, Violet is more determined than ever to lead a normal life. However, the people who run the special investigative team Violet works for have no intention of letting her go.

When someone close to Violet becomes a suspect in a horrific murder, she finds herself pulled into a deadly hunt for a madman with an army of devoted followers. Violet has survived dangerous situations before, but she quickly discovers that protecting those closest to her is far more difficult than protecting herself.


The greatest thing about these books has always been the thrilling story lines, and Dead Silence was no different. Yet, I don’t exactly know how I feel about the final book of the Body Finder series by Kimberly Derting, I mean it was good don’t get me wrong. However, I was left feeling unsatisfied and with more questions than answers. There was a whole other storyline that Kimberly opened up about a previous psychic team that her grandmother and relatives of the others worked for, but it was left unfinished. There is definitely the potential for a spin-off series here, but as far as I know there is not one in the foreseeable future. Kimberly has a great talent for building mystery and suspense, and writing from the killers’ point-of-view? Incredibly gruesome and yet enthralling. She pulls you right into the pages, absorbing you completely. I enjoyed the fact that the “love triangle” was not really a triangle at all, but it still felt that at the end Violet was still a little on the fence about her feelings. She wanted Jay, but at the same time her gut got a little tight at the prospect of Rafe having feelings for her friend Chelsea. Now maybe the tightness was due to the fact that being with Rafe might put Chelsea in danger, but Violets feelings about that was not made abundantly clear. Either way I love Jay and Violet together, and Rafe was an incredible character that I would have liked to have seen flushed out a bit more. In the end, Violet and her friends are able to catch the killer plaguing the streets finishing off that part of the story, but like I said, I feel that there is more that needed to be told about the people Violet and the others are working for. As others have said before me, this definitely doesn’t feel like a final book in a series, there were just too many questions left unanswered for there to be a really satisfying finality to this series.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.