Wednesday, January 16, 2013

My Book Boyfriend (98)


My Book Boyfriend is a weekly meme that originated at The Unread Reader, where we swoon over boys in books!


Cole
Book: The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab
Series: N/A

He’s a witch and he can control the wind, he's around the age of eighteen. He has gray eyes, as dark as river stones without the water, and dark hair. His skin is fair and his body is thin from constant traveling, tragedy struck his family and he blames himself so he is continually searching for a way to make up for his past. His voice is smooth and strangely hollow from lack of use, until he meets a girl that makes him want to stop and settle in one place.









Quotes:

“Lexi, when they led me out on the moor, for the first time in a very long while, I didn’t want to suffer. I didn’t want to lose…everything for someone else’s crimes. Would that I had realized it a little sooner,” he says, with a small pained laugh. “The only thing I could think of when he raised the gun, when he pulled the trigger, was you. Wanting to hear your voice. Wanting to feel your skin against mine. I feel connected to you, and I couldn’t bear the thought of being that severed. Lost.”

“What were you thinking when you made that wall?”

“Not thinking, really,” he says, without breaking his stride. “It’s just want. I want to keep you safe. I want to find the children. I want to put the Near Witch to rest. Because I want to stay.” He looks down at the ground, but I can hear him add, “I want to stay here, with you.”

He plants a kiss on my nose.

“Lexi,” he says.

He kisses my jaw.

“I want to be here.”

He kisses my throat.

“Because you are here.”

I can feel him against my skin.

The celebration fades away, ant the village fades away, and everything fades away except for his hands finding mine. And his lips against mine. I pull back, studying his large gray eyes.

“Don’t look at me like that,” he says with a soft laugh.

“Like what?”

“Like I’m not real, or not really here. Like I’m going to blow away.”

“Are you?” I ask.

He frowns, sitting up and turning so that he can look at me.

“I hope not. This is the only place I want to be.”


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.