Thursday, January 10, 2013

Guest Post with Missy Jane


Too Hard to Break

Abuse is never an easy or pleasant subject to tackle. Whether I’m writing or reading about it, or even just discussing it with someone online, I try very hard to be sensitive in what I say and how I say it. So when I originally wrote Elle’s character in Two Dates Max I was shocked at how her story developed. I’m a pantser, which for me means my characters write my books through me. I don’t plan, outline, or do any type of charting ahead of time. I sit at my computer and let the words flow through my fingers. So when Elle came about I was very surprised and intrigued by this woman who initially appeared to be a doormat.

I was very happy to discover Elle is no doormat. She is a woman who fell in love badly and slowly learns to pull herself out of the hell that love put her in. When Hank comes along to help her out she is skeptical of his help and wary. But he is persistent. I fell in love with Hank almost immediately and think he may be one of my best heroes to date. He is patient, understanding, strong, and of course hotter than hot. He is a little bit of many men I’ve known over my lifetime.

Like my other books this is a sensual romance. It’s published under Ellora’s Caves’ Blush line because there aren’t as many sex scenes as the usual. However, there is still some sex and a very romantic thread. If you haven’t read the other two books in the series I encourage you to do so, but it isn’t necessary to read this one.

Here’s a little taste. I hope you enjoy it!


Blush sensuality level: This is a sensual romance (may have explicit love scenes, but not erotic in frequency or type).

Book three in the Love Beyond Barriers series.

A few months ago I finally moved on with my life and got away from my abusive ex-boyfriend. That should be a good thing, right? But now I’m living with Hunky Hank, my ex’s former friend turned my Knight in Shining Armor. He’s great at everything and treats me like a queen. Unfortunately that makes me feel needy when I’m trying to be more independent. When I need to be more independent. So when I started getting vibes of another woman, I knew it was time to move out and move on. So much easier said than done. It’s not so easy to leave behind the temptation of the most perfect guy I’ve ever known. He’s the only one who looks at me and instead of seeing a shattered image, he sees someone who is too hard to break.

Want more? Click on the publisher’s LINK and then look for the magnifying glass on the book cover. There will be the option to read an excerpt on the left hand side. Enjoy!


A Blush® romance from Ellora’s Cave
 


Find Missy Jane:

Website | Blog | Facebook | Twitter



1 comment:

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.