Wednesday, November 14, 2012

My Book Boyfriend (91)


My Book Boyfriend is a weekly meme hosted by Missie of The Unread Reader and co-hosted by Lesley of My Keeper Shelf, in which we swoon over boys in books!


Milo
Book: Fall for Anything by Courtney Summers
Series: N/A

He’s seventeen and constantly looks like he just rolled out of bed, his longish brown hair is always messy around his head and his blue eyes always look kind of sleepy.

Milo is a character that spoke to me on more of an emotional level. His best friend since second grade is a girl that tragically lost her father a few months ago; he wants to be there for her, but at the same time he’s lost when it comes to helping her pick up the pieces of her life. And when another guy comes along, Milo won't let her go without a fight.






Quotes:

At what point is sunscreen fully absorbed in to the skin? Milo touches me longer than he has t, but that’s okay. His palms smooth across my shoulder blades. I keep my eyes closed. After a while, his hands are off me, but I feel that he’s near, more than I did before. For some reason it makes me feel sad but grateful. I want to open my eyes and tell him it’s nice to know that he’s there, but I don’t. I just want to keep this moment going as long as I can.

His lips press against my lips and his palms lie gently against the side if my face. His hands are warm. My hands are cold. His hands move to my hair. I kiss him back and regain the ability to think in full sentences and I regret it immediately: What does this mean? How can he kiss me? How can he kiss me? Oh my God, he’s kissing me.

“Thank you,” I tell him. “For what you did for me.”

I’ll start there.

But the rest—I think has to wait.

“You’re my best friend,” he says.

I bring my hand to his face. I run my fingers lightly across his skin. My index finger traces his lips.

I just want to feel that he’s here.

I lay down next to him and rest my head on his chest. He tenses just for a second, surprised, and then he relaxes and puts his arm around me. I don’t want to talk. I just want to be quiet with him. Listen to his heart—that constant.

He kisses my forehead.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.