Wednesday, October 17, 2012

My Book Boyfriend (88)

My Book Boyfriend is a weekly meme hosted by Missie of The Unread Reader and co-hosted by Lesley of My Keeper Shelf, in which we swoon over boys in books!


William Becker Richmond 
(A.K.A Rieker)
Book: The Faerie Ring by Kiki Hamilton
Series: Faerie Ring

He’s a well-to-do young man in London during the late 1800’s; circumstances in his life caused him to need a change, so he pretends to be a street urchin. He has smoky grey eyes, framed by incredibly long dark lashes, sculpted cheekbones, a straight nose and a strong jaw. His hair is long and dark and he has a tall, rugged build. A long, narrow scar resides under one eyebrow and another along his jaw, giving him an air of danger.





Quotes:


Surprised, Tiki watched Rieker’s face for a moment. “But why? Why would you protect me?”

Rieker turned his dark eyes on her. A strange fluttery feeling filled her chest, and Tiki found it hard to draw a deep breath. For a moment everyone else melted away, and it was as though only the two of them were in the room. She stared back, the slow thud of her heart suddenly noticeable in her chest.

“Because”—Rieker’s voice softened—“you need protection. You don’t seem to understand what you’re part of.”


“You’re not just a pickpocket with fast hands.” Rieker’s eyes locked on hers. “I found a girl caring for other orphans like a mother. A girl who’d befriended an old bookshop keeper who had lost his daughter. A girl who can read and is helping others learn to read.” His voice softened. “And a girl so beautiful at times, you take my breath away.”


Rieker lowered his head toward her. Tiki leaned into him, the physical pull between them more than she could deny. She rested her hand on his chest, a sudden yearning filling her. His fingers slipped behind her head as his lips descended on hers, warm and urgent, as though he wanted to claim her before she was snatched from him.



1 comment:

  1. I have this on my wishlist! I love the premise and that cover is gorgeous. Great choice of quotes especially the last one.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.