Wednesday, October 3, 2012

My Book Boyfriend (86)

My Book Boyfriend is a weekly meme hosted by Missie of The Unread Reader and co-hosted by Lesley of My Keeper Shelf, in which we swoon over boys in books!
(I--as in me, Amy--don't like to use commercial photos, I like to use the authors' descriptions and my imagination.)


Jonathon Whitby, Lord Denbury
Book: Darker Still by Leanna Renee Hieber
Series: Magic Most Foul

Eighteen years old and a medical scholar in the 1880’s, his eyes are a bright, shocking blue, they burn with cerulean light. He’s tall and sure, broad shouldered and fit, with jet-black hair that is neat around his ears but dell in gentle curls. The masculine lines of his face are beautifully composed, tiny traces between his nose and the corners of his pursed and perfect lips indicate that his mouth will grow lines of an often wide smile as he ages. He’s honorable and protective of those he cares about.


Quotes:
His hands gently cradled my head as he pulled me toward his chest. I suddenly felt as though I was the most precious thing in his world.

“Thank Heaven,” he murmured against my hair. “There is yet hope.”

His accent had a delicious, lilting British cadence. His voice was not the unsettling one of his ghost but the firm voice of a man in trouble. I took a moment to soak in his warmth and relish the feel of his arms around me. No matter that this was pure madness; it seemed as if some sort of fates had aligned.

“I am a gentleman, Miss Stewart. I promise,” he assured me. “But in a circumstance like this, it’s easy for one’s fantasy to get away with them, for I exist in a fantastical premise. You must think I’m a cad.”

“What, for wanting to kiss me?” I breathed. I thought it was a fabulous idea. “Would you think me not a lady if I wanted to kiss you too?”

“I think in this particular case, being a lady is overrated.” He stepped closer and took my hands in his.

The dear man must be commended for being so quick on his feet during urgent times, no matter the strange ties of our conscious and unconscious states. He seized me and whirled me to the side, pressing me firmly behind him as he stepped boldly forward to place himself between me and the demon who hesitated at the door, snarling.



3 comments:

  1. Amy I started Darker Still but never finished it, I just couldn't really get into it even though I thought it had a promising start. Reading your second quoteim thinking I may have been a bit too quick to ditch it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read this, but your quotes are making me want to especially the second one. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darker Still is on my TBR list! Jonathan sounds so sweet--and I love a boy with a british accent!
    Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.