Monday, October 1, 2012

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? (120)


This is a fun weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.


Books I read last week:
Faithful by Janet Fox


The book I’m reading now:
Darker Still:
I was obsessed.

It was as if he called to me, demanding I reach out and touch the brushstrokes of color swirled onto the canvas. It was the most exquisite portrait I'd ever seen--everything about Lord Denbury was unbelievable...utterly breathtaking and eerily lifelike.

There was a reason for that. Because despite what everyone said, Denbury never had committed suicide. He was alive. Trapped within his golden frame.

I've crossed over into his world within the painting, and I've seen what dreams haunt him. They haunt me too. He and I are inextricably linked--bound together to watch the darkness seeping through the gas-lit cobblestone streets of Manhattan. Unless I can free him soon, things will only get
Darker Still.


Books that spark my interest this week:
Always a Witch by Carolyn MacCullough
Blood Game by Iris Johansen


1 comment:

  1. Darker Still sounds intense, and different. Trapped in a painting. Or is the painting a portal to another place?

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.