Wednesday, January 25, 2012

My Book Boyfriend (52)


My Book Boyfriend is a weekly meme hosted by Missie of The Unread Reader, in which we swoon over boys in books!
(I--as in me, Amy--don't like to use commercial photos, I like to use the authors' descriptions and my imagination.)




David Lawson
Book: Wings by Aprilynne Pike
Series: Wings

He's a bit of a science geek, lean and muscular, his eyes are a bright blue that contrast with the olive tone of his skin, and he has slightly wavy, light-brown hair that is on the longish side that slips across his forehead in a soft arc. He's sweet and honest, and can keep a secret when asked to. He's also protective of those he cares about and will fight for them if need be.








Quotes:

He was pushing a lawn mower through the thick grass, wearing only a pair of jeans and old tennis shoes. His chest and arms were long and wiry but corded with lean muscle--his skin was tanned from the sun and glistened with a light sheen of sweat as he moved almost gracefully in the gentle morning sunlight.


David blushed now and shrugged. "If I had to pick one person who I thought reminded me of a faerie, it would be you."


Laurel hesitated, and David stepped a little closer. "It's your call," he said softly, "but whatever you decide, I'll help you." He placed a soft, warm hand at the back of her neck and Laurel's breath caught in her chest. "Whatever you need, I'll be. If you need the science geek to give you answers from a textbook, I'm your guy; if you just want a friend to sit by you in bio and help you feel better when you're sad, I'm still your guy." His thumb slowly stroked across her earlobe and down her cheek. "And if you need someone to hold you and protect you from anyone in the world who might want to hurt you, then I'm definitely your guy." His pale-blue eyes bore into hers, and for a second she couldn't breathe. "But it's all up to you," he whispered.




1 comment:

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.