Wednesday, October 19, 2011

My Book Boyfriend (40)


My Book Boyfriend is a weekly meme hosted by Missie of The Unread Reader, in which we swoon over boys in books!
(I--as in me, Amy--don't like to use commercial photos, I like to use the authors' descriptions and my imagination.)




Taylor McAden
Book: The Rescue by Nicholas Sparks
Series: N/A

He's thirty-six and owns his own contracting company. Taylor is a volunteer with the small town fire department, athletic with dark hair, and sun-darkened arms, tight with muscles; the arms of someone who works with his hands all day. Though he isn't the most handsome man, there is something about him that catches your attention--a gentleness, perhaps, despite his size; an acute but unthreatening perceptiveness in his steady gaze.








Quotes:


Unable to respond, Taylor tried to swallow the lump that had formed in his throat. Watching her talk about her son--the absolute fear and absolute love--made the next move almost instinctive. Without a word, he took her hand and took it in his. The feeling was strange, a forgotten pleasure, though she didn't try to pull away.


"I hope he's right," Taylor said, his voice cracking slightly. "Because I love you, too."
It was the first time he'd ever said the words to her, or to anyone. Though he imagined they would be hard to say, they weren't. He'd never been so sure about anything.



2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love Nicholas Sparks. He always makes me cry. And from the description of Taylor you posted, I can tell he's my type. I can picture his darkened arms now. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Nicholas Sparks - always such an emotional read. My son is named after one of his characters. I haven't read this one, though. Your post makes me want to!

    Reading Lark's Book Boyfriend

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.