Thursday, September 1, 2011

Month In Review: August



Books I read and their "Dragon Hearts of Love" rating:
(For reviews, please go to "Books Read in 2011")


1. The Ex Games by Jennifer Echols 5
I simply love Jennifer's humor and her characters are fun. There is always some character growth in her books and I really enjoyed watching these characters fall back in love.


2. The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa 5
This series is unique in its entirety, and I loved each of the characters. In this book Megan shows the length she is willing to go in order to save those she loves. I cannot wait for The Iron Knight.


3. Kiss of Crimson by Lara Adrian 4
I'm enjoying the main characters and even the villains in this series. Alpha males and romance filled this book.


4. Ghostgirl Tonya Hurley {DNF}
This book passed way over the line of stalking for me, especially for this being a young adult book; and I simply couldn't continue reading the book.


5. Unraveled by Gena Showalter 2
I didn't enjoy the characters as much as I did in the first book, I felt this was a disappointing follow-up to the first book. I'm not sure whether or not I want to continue with the series.


6. Midnight Awakening by Lara Adrian 4
Again, I love the characters and the world Lara has created.


7. The Paladin by Ken Newman 3
This was an interesting concept and I enjoyed the story once I got past the sometimes confusing and choppy writing.


8. We'll Always Have Summer by Jenny Han 4
This was a great and interesting ending to this trilogy. I was happy with how it ended and was not left feeling it was incomplete.


9. Midnight Rising by Lara Adrian 4
I am reading this series practically back-to-back because I am loving the series.


10. Forever by Maggie Stiefvater 4
I felt slightly let down by the ending of this book, but all-in-all I really enjoyed the conclusion to the Shiver trilogy.


Author Visit:
Yasmine Galenorn




Guest Blogger:
Rachel


1 comment:

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.