Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Month In Review: May




June is here and with it the hot, humid weather. Our house is only a split-level so there is no cool basement for me to escape to in order to read comfortably. This seemed to be a Jennifer Laurens month for me, as I read three of her books--and honestly if I had more I would have read those too! With the passing of May came 400 Followers! Can you believe it? I still can't! So to celebrate, I'm having a fun, challenging giveaway!


Books I read and their "Dragon Hearts of Love" rating:
(For reviews, please go to "Books Read in 2011")


1. Wild Thing Anthology (2011 Anthology Reading Challenge) 4
I really enjoyed Marjorie M Liu's contribution, Hunter Kiss, to this anthology, it was nice to see where Maxine and Grant began. The only one I didn't enjoy at all was the second novella by Meljean Brook.


2. Absolution by Jennifer Laurens 5
This was an incredible finish to the Heavenly series, with a bittersweet ending that left my heart all pitter-pattering.


3. Radiance by Alyson Noel 3
Although I enjoyed Alyson's creative ideas of the afterlife, I think Riley's character was just too young for me to enjoy this book thoroughly.


4. Firelight by Sophie Jordan 4
I loved this original story, but I had a lot of trouble getting past the mother's actions in this book. As a mother myself, I can completely understand the need to protect your child, but this mom went way beyond that need, and crossed the line into unhealthy.


5. Tempest Rising by Nicole Peeler 4
It was nice to see a unique character in the Urban Fantasy world. Jane is definitely interesting, and I am looking forward to reading more in this series.


6. Overprotected by Jennifer Laurens 5
Jennifer's books are always romantic, and they never fail to make my heart beat a little faster. Her characters grow throughout the books and this one was no exception, it was a refreshing contemporary young adult novel.


7. A Season of Eden by J.M. Warwick 4
This author is well known as Jennifer Laurens, and at first I thought the relationship between a teacher and student might creep me out a bit. But that didn't happen and I loved this book.


8. Illusions by Aprilynne Pike 4
I love Aprilynne's unique faeries in this series. It's a nice change from the average story-telling, and Laurel becomes more independent in this book making her a greater character in my eyes.


Author Visit:
Jennifer Laurens


Guest Blogger:
Tori



1 comment:

  1. I just got Firelight recently and can't wait to read it! Happy June reading!

    http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2011/05/may-monthly-news.html

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.