Sunday, May 1, 2011

Month In Review: April




April is over and spring is in the air! I can't wait for some warmer weather! I managed to read twelve books this month; I had one of my favorite authors visit and a great guest post from a friend and fellow blogger.


Books I read and their "Dragon Hearts of Love" rating:
(For reviews, please go to "Books Read in 2011")


1. No Rest for the Wicked by Kresley Cole 5
The second book in this series, and just as powerful as the first. Filled with danger, action and page-turning romantic tension.

2. Raw Blue by Kirsty Eagar 4
An emotional story of the struggles a victim experiences, and how sometimes telling someone else can save you from yourself.

3. Choker by Elizabeth Woods 4
This creepy book had me on the edge of my seat the entire time!

4. A Song For My Mother by Kat Martin 4
A beautifully written book about the struggles and power of a relationship between a mother and daughter. And just enough romance to melt your heart.

5. Kitty and the Midnight Hour by Carrie Vaughn 3
I wasn't too impressed with Kitty's character in the beginning, but she grew on me!

6. Clarity by Kim Harrington 5
I loved all of the characters and the intense storyline filled with twists and turns.

7. Deadly Little Games by Laurie Faria Stolarz 4
I'm not too sure where things may be going with Adam, but it definitely added a lot of tension to the story, and kept me reading.

8. Ski Weekend by R.L. Stine 3
Part of the YA of the 80's and 90's Challenge. Not one of the best from R.L. Stine, but it still has that who-dunnit vibe.

9. Stargazer by Claudia Gray 4
I really like where this series is going, I hope the next book is just as intriguing.

10. City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare 4
While not as completely engrossing as the first three of this series, I thoroughly enjoyed where Cassandra is taking the series.

11. Dream Smashers by Angela Carlie 5
This was a sweetly romantic story about learning to let go and to have a little faith in something more than meets the eye.

12. Penitence by Jennifer Laurens 5
An incredible follow-up to the first book. More romance, more danger and an incredible cliffhanger ending!


Author Visit:
Marjorie M Liu



Guest Blogger:
Tegan




2 comments:

  1. Can I just say that I think you should stick with the Kitty series??? I didn't care for the first book all that much either but as I continued on with the series I was hooked. I then went back and read the first two books and appreciated them a little more. Now I eagerly wait for the next book in the series to be released :) Sounds like you had a really good reading month...hope May goes just as well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome month! I liked Choker too!

    Happy May Reading!

    http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2011/04/april-monthly-news.html

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.