Friday, May 6, 2011

Absolution by Jennifer Laurens


Absolution:
Zoe’s secret is out. And the powers of Hell are ravenous to claim her soul. Her brother, Luke, knows her secret: that she sees both good and evil spirits. Her boyfriend knows. At least Matthias is her guardian angel again. But now Hell’s most ruthless leader will stop at nothing to have her soul.

Albert, Matthias’ father, is relentless in his hunger for Zoe. He wants to destroy Matthias and will use Zoe to do so.

The battle between Heaven and Hell tests everything Zoe has. As she witnesses everyone important in her life suffering, she’s brought to the ultimate choice: will she sacrifice her soul to save the ones she loves?



This conclusion to Jennifer Laurens' Heavenly trilogy completely captivated me. I read it in one night, staying up way past my bedtime to finish it! This book is rife with tension; danger and the romantic sort. Jennifer's characters are well developed, the love between them is almost palpable, and all of the story threads were tied up nicely, and an ending that will leave your heart all pitter-pattering. Matthias' father, Albert, will do anything to gain Zoe's soul, and he uses anger and fear to strengthen his hold on those surrounding Zoe. Matthias' unwavering faith in his father's ability to change confuses Zoe, until he shows her some of his memories from his childhood. Fighting seems to be all her parents do and it is hurting the entire family and allowing Albert access to their lives. Her parents begin to question their trust in her until Zoe finally reveals her ability to see spirits, this helps toward bringing calm back into their lives. Weston admits that he cannot live without Zoe, despite the fact that Matthias will always be a part of her life. And by letting his anger go; he weakens Albert's hold on him. A final showdown between Albert and Matthias reveals just how far Matthias is willing to go in order to save her soul and changes Zoe and Weston's lives dramatically.






2 comments:

  1. I love books that make me stay past my bedtime. Great review.

    I have tagged you... here is my post

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.