Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Teaser Tuesdays (46)


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly event hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.


Today's book: Raw Blue by Kirsty Eagar


Friday morning I'm heading down to the break, feeling antsy because I slept in. I'd meant to surf early, but maybe it's not such a bad thing. Getting there after nine means I'll miss the pre-work crew. Instead, I'll join the old boys, students and shift workers who have rearranged their lives to better suit their surfing. They're more relaxed about things, not jamming waves in. On weekdays people surf the break in shifts: the sawn service, the mid-morning slackers, the lunch hour rush, the after-school grommet fest and the just-off-work party. When guys at the break ask me what I do, what they're really asking is, how is it you can surf mid-morning on a weekday? How are you making it work? That's the big question in surfing: how do you work less and surf more? (Page 1)



Here is how it works:
- Grab your current read
- Open to a random page
- Share two (2 or 3) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)






1 comment:

  1. Not for me I don't think.

    http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2011/04/teaser-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.