Wednesday, April 6, 2011

My Book Boyfriend (12)


My Book Boyfriend is a weekly meme hosted by Missie of The Unread Reader, in which we swoon over boys in books!
(I--as in me, Amy--don't like to use commercial photos, I like to use the authors' descriptions and my imagination.)



Cabel Strumheller
Book: Wake by Lisa McMann
Series: Wake Trilogy

Nineteen, with an angular jaw, and slightly wavy, shoulder length light brown hair. He has silky brown eyes, and his build is thin but muscular at the same time. He's haunted by events from his past, but won't allow them to interfere with his education and plans for the future he envisions with the girl he loves.









Quotes:


"Get on." He sets his [skate] board down, taking Janie's shoes from her hand. "You'll rip your feet to shreds. There's glass an' shit."

Janie looks at the board, and then up at him. He's wearing a knit beanie with a hole in it. "I don't know how."

He flashes a half grin. Shoves a long black lock of hair under his beanie. "Just stand. Bend. Balance. I'll push you."

[. . .]

The guys weave in and out the rest of the way, and take off at the corner by Janie's house. Cabel pushes her to her front porch so she can hop off. He sets her shoes on the step, picks up the board, nods, and catches up with his friends.



[. . .]That was the goth stage, where I decided I'd never get the girl of my dreams because of my scars. Not to mention hairstyle.
(pause)
But then she slammed a door handle into my gut. And when a girl does that to a boy, it means she likes him.



1 comment:

  1. Awe! Why are haunted by their past boys the best? Cabel sounds so sweet. And he has great insight on when a girl really likes a guy.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.