Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Month In Review: January




Well the first month of 2011 is officially over and I have to say this year has started off rather well! I had my first Blogoversary Celebration, my first author visit of the year and my very first Guest Blogger! I also managed to finish 15 books this month...GO ME!

Books I read and their "Dragon Hearts of Love" rating:
(For reviews, please go to "Books Read in 2011")

1. His Darkest Hunger by Juliana Stone 4
An enticing new shifters world with intense characters.

2. Vampire Crush by A.M. Robinson 4
This debut book got me hooked on this author's writing, I can't wait for more from her.

3. Bitter Frost by Kailin Gow 3
This story has been done before and I found this one lacking in depth and emotions.

4. Forever Frost by Kailin Gow 3
Book two in this series didn't improve very much for me. I will not be carrying on with the series.

5. Masked by Moonlight by Nancy Gideon 4
Incredible characters, where the mob and the police walk a fine line together.

6. Confession's of A Vampire's Girlfriend by Katie MacAlister 4
Not my favorite of Katie MacAlister's writing, but I love her humor and characters.

7. Evernight by Claudia Gray 4
A surprising twist on the girl loves boy and vampire romance that intrigued me to purchase the next book.

8. Ash by Malinda Lo 3
A retelling of the Cinderella fairy tale with an incredible twist on just who the 'prince' charming is for Ash.

9. The Duff by Kody Keplinger 4
Although I don't agree with Bianca's method of dealing with her problems, I loved the story underneath her actions.

10. My Blood Approves by Amanda Hocking 2
This was a hard read for me, I found the story slow and dragging, with little emotion to grab a hold of me and pull me in.

11. Poison Study, 12. Magic Study, 13. Fire Study by Maria V. Snyder 5 (each)
This incredible trilogy pulled me in from the first pages, incredibly strong characters made it hard to put these books down.

14. Darkness Becomes Her (ARC) by Kelly Keaton 4
A different approach to Greek mythology with modern paranormal folklore mixed in, this book is the first in a new series and I'm dying to read the next one.

15. Taken by Lilith Saintcrow 2
I did not like this book at all, I couldn't connect with any of the characters and found the heroine to be bland.

Author Visit:
Andrew Smith



Guest Blogger:
Jackie



How was your month?




2 comments:

  1. Thank you for hosting, Jackie Burris. I really enjoyed seeing her photo journal. Off to add you to my Reader, so I can keep up with your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, 15 books! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.