Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Teaser Tuesdays (34)


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly event hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.


Today's book: The Secret Year by Jennifer Hubbard


"Julia was killed an Labor Day on her way home from a party. I didn't get to see her that night. I used to meet her on Friday nights, but I was never invited to the parties that she was invited to. We'd meet on the banks of the river, clutch at each other in the back seat of her car, steam up her windows and write messages and jokes to each other in the fog on the glass, and argue about whether to turn on the A/C. Sometimes we swam in the river late at night when the water was black and no one could see us. We did all that for a year, and nobody else knew." (Page 1)



Here is how it works:
- Grab your current read
- Open to a random page
- Share two (2 or 3) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
- Remember to show the title & author, too, so that others can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!






3 comments:

  1. Great teaser! I have been meaning to read this book for a year. It is still on my TBR stack. I have two teasers this week. My YA teaser is from Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton and my adult teaser is from Love Me to Death by Allison Brennan. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very sad. But it sounds like they had a great year together.

    Here's my TT: http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2011/01/teaser-tuesdays_18.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great teaser! this book is on my TBR pile; I'll be looking out for your review!

    new follower by the way =)

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.