Sunday, November 21, 2010

If Angels Burn by Lynn Viehl


If Angels Burn:
Alexandra Keller is Chicago's most brilliant reconstructive surgeon. Michael Cyprien is New Orleans' most reclusive millionaire-and in desperate need of Dr. Keller's skills. In the heart of the Garden District, Alex encounters the extraordinary Cyprien, uncovering a love Alex is willing to embrace, even if she must sacrifice her heart and soul to do so.








This was my first Lynn Viehl experience and I very much enjoyed it despite a few minor things that bothered me in the book. This is the first in the Darkyn series so I realize that there was a lot to explain in order for the reader to fully understand the Darkyn world, but there were times when there was just so much going on that I sometimes lost sight of Alexandra and Michael Cyprien’s story. I loved how incredibly detailed Lynn was in creating her world of the Darkyn. The incredible twists and turns I had to travel in order to reach the truth of Michael’s origins kept me reading long into the night. Alexandra is thrown into a world she knows nothing about after she reconstructs Michaels face and her estranged brother suddenly becomes a part of her life again. There is a secret society that is working to torture and kill every Darkyn they can find, and caught within their web of lies is Alexandra’s brother. Michael gives Alexandra a reason to use her skills again, but saving the family tortured by the secret society is more dangerous then she expects.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.