Sunday, October 24, 2010

Alpha by Rachel Vincent


ALPHA:
YOU'VE GOT TO HAVE FAYTHE...

The unscrupulous new Council chair has charged Jace, Marc, and me with trespassing, kidnapping, murder, and treason. Yeah, we've been busy. But now it's time to take justice into our own hands. We must avenge my brother's death and carve out the rot at the heart of the Council.

It's not going to be easy, and loss seems unavoidable, but I have promised to protect my Pride, no matter what. With a target on my back and Marc at my side, I'm heading for a final showdown that can--that will--change everything forever. A showdown I'm not sure I'm ready for.
But life never waits until you're ready.




I had such trouble with the idea of saying goodbye to these incredible characters created by Rachel Vincent, and so I pushed back reading ALPHA for as long as I could possibly stand. Rachel's SHIFTERS series was an incredible journey of self-discovery and learning that to do what is right is not always doing what is easy. Following Faythe throughout the series as she becomes stronger in her abilities to eventually lead her Pride as a confident leader and initiate changes that will take the Shifters world to a whole new unexplored realm of possibilities. And with this--the final book--there never a moment of disappointment. Page-turning and action-packed, I found myself reading long into the night anticipating the next page. The choice Faythe has to make between Marc and Jace is heart-rendering and oft-times I felt my own heart breaking along side hers. The tears I cried with her brought me closer to the story, and I felt there were times I could reach out and touch the characters. Overwhelming responsibility is thrust upon Faythe before she feels she is truly ready, and in a fashion true to herself she proves that with every single ounce of her being she will fight to protect her Pride and for what is right.






2 comments:

  1. LOVE!

    I haven't read any of her books but it's a wonderful endorsement that you were so moved by the series! It is very hard to say goodbye to book-friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome review! I'll miss this series!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.