Saturday, September 4, 2010

On My Wishlist (16)


On My Wishlist is a fun weekly event hosted by Book Chick City and runs every Saturday. It's where we list all the books we desperately want but haven't actually bought yet. They can be old, new or forthcoming. It's also an event that you can join in with too - Mr Linky is always at the ready for you to link your own 'On My Wishlist' post. If you want to know more click here.



This Side of the Grave by Jeaniene Frost:
Danger waits on both sides of the grave…

Half-vampire Cat Crawfield and her vampire husband Bones have fought for their lives, as well as for their relationship. But just when they’ve triumphed over the latest battle, Cat’s new and unexpected abilities threaten to upset a long-standing balance…

With the mysterious disappearance of vampires, rumors abound that a species war is brewing. A zealot is inciting tensions between the vampires and ghouls, and if these two powerful groups clash, innocent mortals could become collateral damage. Now Cat and Bones are forced to seek help from a dangerous “ally”—the ghoul queen of New Orleans herself. But the price of her assistance may prove more treacherous than even the threat of a supernatural war. …to say nothing of the repercussions Cat never imagined.




Soulless by Gail Carriger:
Alexia Tarabotti is laboring under a great many social tribulations. First, she has no soul. Second, she's a spinster whose father is both Italian and dead. Third, she was rudely attacked by a vampire, breaking all standards of social etiquette.

Where to go from there? From bad to worse apparently, for Alexia accidentally kills the vampire -- and then the appalling Lord Maccon (loud, messy, gorgeous, and werewolf) is sent by Queen Victoria to investigate.

With unexpected vampires appearing and expected vampires disappearing, everyone seems to believe Alexia responsible. Can she figure out what is actually happening to London's high society? Will her soulless ability to negate supernatural powers prove useful or just plain embarrassing? Finally, who is the real enemy, and do they have treacle tart?




Low Red Moon by Ivy Devlin:
Avery Hood is reeling from the loss of her parents--and the fact that she can't remember what happened to them even though she was there.

She's struggling to adjust to life without them, and to living with her grandmother, when she meets Ben, who isn't like any guy she's ever met before.

It turns out there's a reason why, and Ben's secret may hold the key to Avery finding out what happened to her parents...

But what if that secret changes everything she knows about--and feels for--Ben?






11 comments:

  1. I've heard SO many good things about Jeanine Frost books and am glad to say that I recently bought all four of her books in my most recent shopping spree! I bet by the time I finish reading them, I'll be anticipating This Side of the Grave too! Nice choices you got there :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the looks of Soulless. I'm going to have to wishlist that one myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read Soulless and it's sequel Changeless - both very good and a lot of fun!
    I'm about to start the Grave series so hopefully will catch you up soon with This Side of the Grave! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait for the new book in the Cat and Bones series to come out! Is it February yet?

    I just heard about Low Red Moon yesterday and I just read the blurb for the first time on your blog. Thanks for mentioning this book; I just added it to my wishlist :)

    Hope you get all these added to your collection soon!

    Here's my wishlist for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read any of these authors, but I've certainly seen Jeaniene Frost's books around. Enjoy!

    Here's mine:

    http://chasingstardust.wordpress.com/2010/09/04/on-my-wishlist-september-4/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy I hope you get them all, Frost especially... Low Red Moon has been on my list for awhile but will wait for paperback to come out...


    Thanks for stopping by my wish list earlier...


    jackie ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Night Huntress series! I have Soulless already on my list but I need to add Low Red Moon. My Wishlist is here: http://triciareads.blogspot.com/2010/09/on-my-wishlist-15.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great picks! I love the cover for This Side of the Grave. I need to find the time to read Gail Carriger, too. Everyone seems to love those books.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Frost's books. I hope that you get your books. Happy Labor Day weekend. Here's what is On My Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great wish list! I see that Frost book mentioned on a lot of book blogs these days!

    Joy

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.