Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Jealousy by Lili St. Crow


Jealousy:
Dru Anderson might finally be safe. She’s at the largest Schola on the continent, and beginning to learn what it means to be svetocha–half vampire, half human, and all deadly. If she survives her training, she will be able to take her place in the Order, holding back the vampires and protecting the oblivious normal people.

But a web of lies and betrayals is still closing around her, just when she thinks she can relax a little. Her mentor Christophe is missing, her almost-boyfriend is acting weird, and the bodyguards she’s been assigned seem to know much more than they should. And then there’s the vampire attacks, the strange nightly visits, and the looks everyone keeps giving her. As if she should know something.

Or as if she’s in danger.

Someone high up in the Order is a traitor. They want Dru dead–but first, they want to know what she remembers of the night her mother died. Dru doesn’t want to remember, but it looks like she might have to–especially since once Christophe returns, he’ll be on trial for his life. The only person who can save him is Dru.

The problem is, once she remembers everything, she may not want to…



From the moment I first picked up Strange Angels by Lili St. Crow, I knew I was in for some really good reading. And with Jealousy, I was NOT disappointed! The book starts right were Betrayals ended and is filled with constant action. I never felt there was a dull moment in the book and watching the relationship grow between Dru and Graves, a lupus garou, was wonderful, their romance can at sometimes be subtle and at others be right out there for you to grasp. I love Dru's strength, she might not always have enough confidence in herself and her decisions, but she never wavers when it comes to protecting those she cares about. Graves' devotion to Dru is challenged when she is attacked in the Schola and he finds her bloodied and bruised, she refuses to tell him who the attacker is in fear that he will get into trouble by defending her and they would get separated. Believing Graves has done what she fears most and has abandoned her, she turns to Christophe, a djamphir who Dru has confused feelings about, when he returns to the Schola to reveal who the betrayer if the Order is. Graves is missing and the identity of the traitor is so incomprehensible the Order barely believes Christophe, until once again Dru is attacked within the walls of the Schola...right in front of the members of the Order. In the end, Dru's strength comes through as she steps into the role she must represent in order to save the djamphir way of life and more importantly keep the people she loves out of danger.





2 comments:

  1. Oooh I haven't read the first one, or this one. :) But... now I will! Great review! I love these type of novels-

    (gee, I wonder why...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice review! I wasn't really sure about adding Strange Angels to my TBR pile when Alex (from Tales of a Teenage Book Lover) posted it on GoodReads, but this has persuaded me to add them. :D

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.