Saturday, July 24, 2010

On My Wishlist (10)


On My Wishlist is a fun weekly event hosted by Book Chick City and runs every Saturday. It's where we list all the books we desperately want but haven't actually bought yet. They can be old, new or forthcoming. It's also an event that you can join in with too - Mr Linky is always at the ready for you to link your own 'On My Wishlist' post. If you want to know more click here.



Original Sin by Allison Brennan:
Haunted by chilling memories of demonic possession and murder, Moira O’Donnell has spent seven years hunting down her mother, Fiona, whose command of black magic has granted her unprecedented control of the underworld. Now Moira’s global search has led her to a small California town that’s about to become hell on earth.

Tormented by his own terrifying past and driven by powers he can’t explain, ex-seminarian Rafe Cooper joins Moira’s dangerous quest. But Fiona is one devilish step ahead. Hungry for greater power, eternal youth, and stunning beauty, the sorceress is unleashing upon the mortal world the living incarnations of the Seven Deadly Sins.

Together with a demonologist, a tough female sheriff, and a pair of star-crossed teenagers, Moira and Rafe are humanity’s last chance to snatch salvation from the howling jaws of damnation.



Entwined by Elisabeth Naughton:
ZANDER — The most feared of all the Eternal Guardians. It’s rumored he can’t be killed, and he always fights like he has nothing to lose. But as a descendant of the famed hero Achilles, he’s got to have a vulnerability… somewhere.

Forces of daemons are gathering and have broken through the barriers of the Underworld. Now more than ever the Eternal Guardians are needed to protect both their own realm and the humans’. Zander can’t afford to think about what might have been with the bewitching physician he once regarded as his soul mate. But with eternity stretching before him, he also can’t fathom spending his life without the one woman who makes him feel most alive. Perhaps he’s found his weakness, after all…






Firelight by Sophie Jordan:
With her rare ability to breathe fire, Jacinda is special even among the draki—the descendants of dragons who can shift between human and dragon forms. But when Jacinda’s rebelliousness leads her family to flee into the human world, she struggles to adapt, even as her draki spirit fades. The one thing that revives it is Will, whose family hunts her kind. Jacinda can’t resist getting closer to him, even though she knows she’s risking not only her life but the draki’s most closely guarded secret.








9 comments:

  1. I am waiting on my copy of Original Sin from my Paperback Swap, want not only Entwined but Marked by Elisabeth Naughton and now that you have shown it to me am going to put Sophie Jordans Dragon book on my list to get to read... Good wish list hope you get them Amy!

    jackie ^_^

    My Wish List

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to get Original Sin too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. if i have to choose between this 3... firelight would be my choice. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am wishing for Firelight too. In fact, I have already pre-ordered it and am just waiting for publication day. I can be patient though because publication day means my summer vacation will be over - which I do not want to happen. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo.... Firelight sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Entwined looks awesome! I want Firelight, too :)

    My wishlist is here Manga Maniac Cafe

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have "Original Sin" and no joke I had to stop reading it for a while... not because it was horrible, because it wasn't, but because it gave me nightmares. LOL.

    "Firelight" is also on my wishlist. But this is the first time I've heard of "Entwined." Sounds interesting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you get your wishlist books. Here's what I'm wishing for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have Firelight on my wishlist - looks like a great read and I love the cover :)

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.