Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Teaser Tuesdays (5)


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly event hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.

Today's book: Darklight by Lesley Livingston


"Kelley stepped inside the palace doors, and a reed-thin slip of a Faerie girl emerged from an alcove, walking with a ballerina's grace. She wore a diaphanous, spring-green gown that, from the waist up--Kelley was shocked to see--would have gotten her arrested in New York, were it not for the pale blond hair that fell in an artfully obscuring fashion over her shoulders. The top half of her ensemble contrasted dramatically with the almost demure nature of her long, layered skirts that swept all the way to the floor, making it seem as though she hovered along the ground, rather than walked. The outfit managed to make Kelley, in Tyff's torn and muddied designer jeans, feel both under- and over-dressed." (Page 143)



Here is how it works:
- Grab your current read
- Open to a random page
- Share two (2 or 3) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
- Remember to show the title & author, too, so that others can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!




3 comments:

  1. Morning Amy,very fun descriptive teaser. Makes one "see" the character through Kelley's eyes!!

    jackie b central texas

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your teaser. I have this book and Wondrous Strange sitting on my TBR stack. I hope I can get to them soon. My teaser is from Moon Sworn by Keri Arthur. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.