Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A Purrrfectly Wonderful Series


STRAY:
I look like an all-American grad student. But I am a werecat, a shape-shifter, and I live in two worlds.

Despite reservations from my family and my Pride, I escaped the pressure to continue my species and carved out a normal life for myself. Until the night a Stray attacked.

This brush with danger was all my Pride needed to summon me back... for my own protection. Yeah, right. But I'm no meek kitty. I'll take on whatever and whoever--I have to in order to find my friends. Watch out, Strays--'cause I got claws, and I'm not afraid to use them...


I just recently finished the first four books in Rachel Vincent’s Shifters series and let me just say: “WOW!” Her beautifully and entertaining telling of Faythe Sander’s adventures was enthralling and I could rarely be found without one of the books in my hands. Faythe Sanders is a female werecat, struggling to establish her place in the Pride led by her father.

From the very beginning of the first book to the last page of the forth, I was completely captivated and am desperate to read book number five: Shift. Faythe is an intelligent, complex and strong woman filled with honor and integrity, and I admire her for her strength even if it sometimes means doing what’s right instead of what’s easy. Rachel Vincent brought the werecat world and every character to life in stunning clarity so that at times I was laughing, crying and angry right alongside Faythe and the other characters. The intricate relationships between Faythe and the other characters are wonderfully written and the love she feels for those in her life is beautiful to watch as it grows as she herself evolves and begins to find her place in the Pride.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.