Sunday, January 3, 2010

Photography & Books



Another hobby of mine other than the wonderful world of books is photography. In case you’re curious about the books in the picture they are: Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl, City of Glass by Cassandra Clare, Acheron, Bad Moon Rising, and Devil May Cry by Sherrilyn Kenyon and Frostbitten and Men of the Otherworld by Kelley Armstrong. I am nowhere near talented enough to win any awards or anything, but it was something I loved doing in high school and I have been able to per sue my affair with it because two Christmases ago my present was a Nikon D40, with which I have probably taken ridiculously copious amounts of pictures with. Including, yup some of my books and shelves, but my shelves keep changing, so it’s hard to keep updating, I own over 600 books (yeah, I counted one day when I was bored and the boys were napping) and am constantly rearranging the shelves as I bring home new ones to add to the shelves. Is there anything greater than re-organizing your book shelves to make room for more books? I think not!

I love the smell that hits you the second you walk through the front door of Chapters! Paper and ink layered with the scent of crisp unsoiled books, pages upon pages of words just waiting to be opened and discovered by impatient minds ready to be entertained. I visit Chapters here in town so often that most of the staff know me and oft times find me chatting and helping other customers, they’ll peek around the shelves asking if anyone needs help and then they see me and say, “Oh, never mind, you’ve got it under control!” I go to “escape” my very loud and energetic three year old when my husband comes home from work, walking up and down the aisles, whether I eventually purchase something or not, calms and relaxes me like some might after receiving a good massage. I have discovered many new authors by wandering around the Chapters store: Rachel Vincent, Yasmine Galenorn, J.R. Ward, Lynn Viehl, Jeaniene Frost, Kresley Cole, Michelle Rowen…to name a few I have brought home recently. When I wander in the Young Adult section some of the looks I receive from teenagers can be quite comical as I push my stroller with my 7 month old baby down the aisles as I per sue the shelves intently. Who cares what section the book comes from? A good book is a good book!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.